Membership eligibility depending on the Section (in the Russian language):
- the Adult Individual Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Section
- the Group Analysis Section
- the Psychoanalytic Couple and Family Psychotherapy Section
Rights and Obligations of the Members of the Sections:
- The members of the sections having the status of full members may enjoy all the rights and bear all the obligations of SPP membership stipulated in the Articles of Association of the Society.
- The members of the sections having the status of associate members may enjoy all the rights and bear all the obligations of SPP membership stipulated in the Articles of Association of the Society, except for the right to be elected to the Executive Board of SPP, including the positions of the President, Vice-President, Academic Secretary, Chairman of the Executive Board, Chairman of a Section, and delegate to EFPP. At the same time, associate members of a particular section of SPP may be elected into various committees and commissions of SPP, including the Ethics Committee, the Executive Commission, and the Revision Commission.
- All members of the Sections irrespective of their membership status may influence the decisions of the Executive Board by expressing their opinions and making suggestions in any available form.
- All members of the Sections may and must (according to the Articles of Association of SPP) take part in the decision-making by the General Meeting by way of making suggestions, discussing them, and voting on them, including by means of absent voting, or transferring of the vote to an authorised representative, giving notice to the General Meeting in advance.
- Candidates to the Sections have right to take part in all SPP conferences but not in the General Meetings. SPP bears no responsibility for the professional activities of a candidate in a section, since it doesn’t evaluate their professional competence and clinical work skills